Submit a Add Dependent Request
Please Note: If you have already started a Add Dependent Request, do not start a new one for the same dependent. To update your User Profile, or to continue an already initiated request, please go to your User Home Page.
  • Please submit an Add Dependent Request for EACH dependent that is being added.
  • This request is for F-1 and J-1 students only. Please use this request if you would like to add an F-2/J-2 dependent spouse and or F-2/J-2 dependent child/children (must be below 21 years of age).
  • A new I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) will be issued for both the primary visa holder and each additional added dependent.
  • You must provide proof that you can pay for yourself and any dependent(s) in order to receive your new I-20/DS-2019. Please review the chart in the Proof of Finance Form that shows the estimated monthly expenses for dependents to calculate dependent expenses.
    • Please note for each Add a Dependent Request that submitted, the same Proof of Finance Form and Proof of Funding can be uploaded.
  • F-1 students should also review the information on the Study in the States website about bringing dependents to the United States.
  • J-1 students should also review the information on the Department of State's website about the J-2 Visa.